Designing a logo might seem like a simple enough task, but the reality is that there is a lot you need to consider during the process. Professional logo designers used very nuanced tactics that separate them from inexperienced freelancers who happen to know how to use Photoshop and InDesign.
Here are a few tips to help your company get the most out of logo design in Vermont:
- Choose the right color palette: Some might believe color is a superficial decision, but this couldn’t be farther from the truth. Color carries a lot of meanings, and communicates the general idea and feel you want to display with your brand. You should make sure all colors you choose flow together well, that they exemplify the kind of character you want your brand to exude and that they are consistent with colors you expect to use in other areas of your marketing. It’s also a good idea to make sure any colors you choose will still make your logo look good in grayscale.
- Avoid clichés as much as possible: In design, as in writing, you want to avoid clichés and stick to something that truly helps your business stand apart from the competition. If you browse through enough logos over time, you’ll notice there are a number of trends that are annoyingly common. You’re better off using a design idea you came up with yourself than creating a variation on another designer’s overused theme. You want your logo to be something that you can take pride in actually owning, and that you alone can claim as being yours.
- Create custom fonts: Unique, appealing lettering can go a long way toward helping you develop a logo that really jumps off the page. It’s far too easy to download a funky font, slap it on top of a generic logo and call it a day. If you’re paying someone to design your logo, you should expect that more effort will be put into your design, and that includes making custom type. This not only helps you stand apart, but also makes it harder for copycats, who won’t be able to find your font elsewhere on the Internet.
- Keep it simple: There’s no need to get overly complicated with your logos. In fact, the best, most powerful logos are extremely simple designs that are instantly recognizable. Think of the Apple logo, or the Nike swoosh. Both are extremely simple designs, yet both are extraordinarily iconic.
- Give it a story: Many truly unique logos are able to tell the story of a brand through the selection of colors, images, themes, etc. If you want your logo to truly represent your company, there should be some sort of backstory you can provide for why you chose it.
Designing an excellent, memorable logo is easier said than done. By working with a team of professionals, however, you can give yourself a leg up on the competition. Contact Always On Time Sign & Design today for more information about logo design in Vermont.