Traffic Detection Devices
Traffic detection devices provide real-time data that is fundamental and helps in managing and controlling traffic.
Worksafe Traffic Control Industries is a women-owned business that provides an inclusive range of portable traffic detection devices for any project. We are an independent, competitive business and government contractor.
We serve every order with the highest quality of products. All our products are MUTCD compliant.
The range of products we offer include:
Highly mobile sensor system that is encased in conventional barricade light for effortless integration into work zones. It is used for queue warning systems, traffic studies, and more.
- Integrated radar, 4G modem with GPS, and a solar regulator
- Can be attached to any battery or any solar-powered traffic control device
- NCHRP 350 crash tested on many traffic control devices
- Automatically locates other speed-mac units.
- Proven radar technology for accurate speed count
The speed-mac VP is a design that can be merged with a large vertical solar panel. The unit +can be set up by a single person. It can operate in all seasons without the need to charge in most applications.
The speed-mac VP is the only self-governing, NCHRP 350 tested and approved device on the market.
Trailer-Mounted Microwave Sensor from VER-MAC
The queue trailer is a portable, eco-friendly trailer that provides a light flexible platform to mount a microwave radar unit to detect speed, volume, and occupancy for up to 22 lanes of traffic.
- Gives years of dependable service as it is industrial grade
- Reports speed, volume, density, and classification per lane for all traffic
- Adjustable solar array
- Optional digital cellular communications
- Accurately detects lane-changing vehicles
- Available as a mobile or permanent unit
- No Generator, fixed solar panels allow for system autonomy
- Detects multidirectional traffic with one sensor
The iCone is a traffic sensor fused directly into a customary traffic barrel for easy integration into work zones.
- Simplicity in operation – it is placed on the roadside and a switch is flipped to activate it.
- Extremely mobile
- Independent – it has a battery life of over two weeks in operation
- Resistant construction – it is waterproof, shock resistant, and has only one moving part that is the switch.
- Comprehensive coverage – satellite modems provide network communications on every road in North America
- High-accuracy positioning – GPS can identify the exact lane the cone is placed in.
- Traffic speed sensing – using K-band radar, average speeds are transmitted to measure congestion.
- Data processing – traffic reporting, monitoring, and travel times are web-based with optional bin file reporting.
- Customizable – speed average and time interval are user-determined and have a modem to server communication time interval.
Wavetronix Smart Sensor
It is a sturdy sensor that can provide accurate data in various weather conditions.
- Speeds per vehicle.
- Two-direction lane by lane vehicle detection.
- Vehicle counts.
- Average speed.
- The 85th percentile speed.
- Average occupancy of vehicles.
Houston K-Band Doppler Speed Radars
- Customary low power radar for speed measurements
- Picks up the direction of incoming or outgoing vehicles or objects
- Picks up a range of 1500 Feet (457 meters) for a compact vehicle
- Its wide input voltage operating range allows solar operation
- Has IP65 weatherproof enclosure
Houston Radar Speed Lane® Pro
- Its patented (US10317525) true dual-beam “sleep trap” technology provides accurate measurements
- Is mounted on the side of the road for clear traffic data collection
- Works in all weather and lighting conditions
- Measures all vehicles simultaneously in 16 users defined lanes
- Lane by lane vehicle counts, average and 85th percentile speeds, occupancy, headway, and gap measurements
- Built-in 1.3 MP HD video camera
Houston Armadillo Traffic Collector Radar
- Unidirectional and bidirectional data collection for up to four lanes.
- It collects speed, volume, and vehicle class.
- Has a small self-contained package that is easy to set up.
- Integrated LiFeP04 rechargeable battery that allows it to run for over two weeks on battery power alone.
- Built-in statistics storage memory.
Traffic Data Collection Devices for Sale and Rent
Types of Traffic Data Collection Devices
Thanks to advancements in technology, there are many devices and tools available to collect traffic data. Humans no longer have to stand and do this work manually. When you are deciding on a collection device, be aware of the type of vehicle you want to capture data from.
For example, vehicles like bikes require the presence of more sensitive devices that can detect lighter weight. Technology allows these machines to use sensors to count the number of vehicles on the road. You can tune up the sensitivity of such devices as you wish to capture lighter vehicles like bikes.
When you’re using a good traffic data collection device, they are capable of counting different types of vehicles in multiple lanes of traffic. Some collection devices can go as far as noting the difference between the types of vehicles. In other words, they can tell the difference between a bike and a car.
You can use these devices to collect the number of vehicles that pass through each day, each hour, or minute. The devices can document the number of accidents that occur in the location. It can also make note of how long it’s taking cars to move through an intersection or stop sign.
As long as you install these devices in the right location, you can trust it to collect the necessary traffic data. Come back to collect any data you need at a later time.
You want a high-quality machine for this type of work, so it is important to trust an experienced professional like WorkSafe TCI to construct and install any necessary traffic data collection devices. Our signs are heavily used throughout the New England area.
Where to Place Traffic Data Collection Devices
It is important to place these machines in the right location. Place them near any road or intersection where you want to document data. Make sure it is far enough away from the curb, so cars don’t inadvertently hit the device. You can place them right at the street or intersection corner. Make sure it is facing the direction of traffic you want it to document.
Why are Traffic Data Collection Devices Important?
Using a traffic data collection device is a great way to stay in tune with how traffic is flowing in the area. In addition to knowing the number of cars on the road, data collectors can find details related to traffic congestion.
Such devices may pick up data showing a particular intersection has way more congestion than others. It may notice a higher occurrence of accidents in a particular zone. If a road has more or less traffic at certain times of the day, the data will document it. As a result, drivers can be informed of the likelihood of heavy traffic times or days.
If traffic congestion is getting out of control, data collectors will become aware of it and have the info to take necessary steps to make improvements. Government organizations and businesses can analyze data from these devices to make plans and decisions about upcoming infrastructure projects. If it is obvious a particular road or intersection is problematic, the data can help decision makers get the ball rolling on changes in the transport network with construction projects. With proper planning from collected data, problematic roads or intersections can become functional.
The WorkSafe TCI Difference
When it is time to collect data for your traffic project, you can trust WorkSafe TCI to deliver the right products to suit your needs. This woman-owned company has been producing MUTCD-compliant traffic signs for over 20 years. We are a regular and trusted government contractor that has worked with several businesses in the area on many different traffic-related projects. Our signs are high quality, and we can customize any of them to your needs. Contact us today for your traffic data collection device and you will have it within seven days.