Attenuators and Positive Protection
Worksafe Traffic Control Industries is a construction, highway, and commercial sign and a distributor of traffic control devices and products. We are competitive as a business and government contractor, and we offer state-of-the-art technology solutions for highways, traffic-calming, and incident management. We endeavor to supply our clients with quality products that conform to all required specifications, outstanding service, expert technical advice, and competitive pricing.
We are committed to working directly with local municipalities, city governments, state governments, state highway departments, road management departments, and local contractors working in conjunction with the government.
Although construction projects come and go, the need to ensure safety for workers and motorists alike is always of paramount importance. However, the need to purchase traffic safety equipment can be a burden, and so Worksafe Traffic Control Industries is here to help you by offering convenient and affordable rentals!
Worksafe Traffic Control Industries ensures that your construction sites are outfitted with all of the essential materials required to facilitate modern worksite safety. We offer many positive protection equipment rentals, including (but not limited to) barriers, mounted attenuators, and sentry longitudinal energy dissipaters.
As part of our Smart Work Zone solutions, Worksafe Control Industries is pleased to offer Impact Attenuators. When used in combination with other smart work zone solutions, you can ensure that your work zone provides a clear path for traffic direction and a controllable and safe work area for your workers. These Impact Attenuators are perfect for your mobile work zones that need traffic control for a few hours or even longer.
Highways throughout the nation are lined with impact attenuators. They’re put in place to provide road structures, cars, people, and construction workers more protection. The 2012 Manual defines impact attenuators on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) as devices that minimize the impacts of errant vehicles by either gently decelerating the vehicle to a halt when struck head-on or diverting the errant vehicle to a safer area. In temporary traffic control zones, impact attenuators protect motorists from exposed ends of immovable objects, obstacles, and other road hazards.
How Impact Attenuators Work
This system is made up of crushable Hexafoam cartridges that are encircled by a triple-corrugated steel guardrail framework. The cartridges absorb the impact energy, while the steel guardrail side panels flex when struck head-on. The cartridges are the only ones that have been expanded. Leg pins and a central guiding cable restrict the steel side panels when the impact attenuator is struck from the side, redirecting the errant vehicle.
Here are some of our products:
The Sentry Longitudinal Energy Dissipater (SLED)
The Sentry Longitudinal Energy Dissipater is a narrow, non-directive gating crash cushion. SLED is designed to shield all permanent and temporary portable barrier shapes, including concrete, steel, and plastic. The SLED’s innovative design includes four internal steel wires that assist in enveloping the impacting vehicle, minimizing the risk of subsequent collisions. Foundation anchor bolts connected to the road or bridge deck are not required for the SLED End Treatment. The entire crash cushion can be quickly installed on compacted earth, gravel, decomposed granite, and asphalt concrete with only one pickup truck and two people.
Each SLED module is made of a high-visibility yellow polyethylene that has been UV stabilized to prevent it from degrading. It’s designed to distort and burst on contact, absorbing the errant vehicle’s energy. SLED’s Transition is the most flexible shielding option for both permanent and temporary movable banners. The SLED End Treatment transition panels may be attached to narrow, broad, or other profile forms with converging or diverging angles up to 10 degrees using a mix of hinging and contouring.
- Quick and easy to set up, no foundation anchoring, minimized Installation Exposure Time
- Internal Steel cables help envelop vehicles after an impact. We are creating a truly limited Gating system
- Visual drive-by fill indicators
- Cost-effective End Treatment for Concrete, Steel, or Water-Filled Barriers
- A narrow footprint is ideal for work zones or roads with minimal shoulder spacing
- Universal Transition: Can go with a variety of barrier shapes and sizes
- SLEDS Stout design virtually eliminates vaulting
- Shortest length TL-3 Water-filled Crash Cushion, fewer incidental impacts
TrafFix Scorpion II Truck Mounted Attenuator
A Truck Mounted Attenuator is a safety apparatus welded or bolted on the rear side of a work truck. The sizes of the TMA vary, but most are at least 1.5 meters wide as the purpose is to reduce the impact of an automobile collision. The material from which the TMA is made varies from aluminum to galvanized steel with the general logic of the stronger the material and construct is, overall contributes to producing a TMA strong enough to withstand crashes from vehicles at speeds as high as 120 Kph.
- Scorpions Modular design creates an unbeatable standard of performance
- It is smart, safe, and user-friendly
- Traffix has designed an all-new hydraulic vertical panel lift system
- The Scorpion II TMA can easily be mounted directly to the frames of most trucks
- The three models are versatile and flexible
- The Scorpion TMA has passed all the mandatory test requirements to be approved by NCHRP-350 test Level-3 certification
TrafFix Scorpion Trailer Attenuator
A trailer attenuator is a necessary device for all highway work zones. The crash cushion is permanently affixed to a shadow vehicle, strategically placed in your lane closure operation. Most countries have regulations around the requirements and use of TMAs in highway construction zones. But they are not all the same. It is important to know the TMA regulations in your area before setting up your work zone. Luckily for you, we have done all the certifications required for your construction needs.
- Optional arrow or message board can easily be attached to Scorpion Trailer Attenuator.
- The unique curved design gives full-width protection to the back of the host vehicle.
- The scorpion’s rear axle placement improves trailer stability and prevents the tail from bottoming out on driveways or uneven surfaces.
- NCHRP350 tested and accepted for all mandatory and optional offset and angled impacts.
- Infinite weight tested and accepted allows Scorpion Trailer to use heavy host vehicles with no upper weight limit.
Get Started with Worksafe
Although construction projects come and go, the need to ensure workers and motorists alike is always paramount. However, the need to purchase traffic safety equipment can never be overlooked. At WorkSafe Traffic Control Industries Inc, we offer custom designs, implementation, deployment, and short-term maintenance with a 7-day turnaround on order. For more information about our Impact Attenuators and other road construction safety equipment, contact us at (603) 224-0880, and one of our team members will talk to you.