No Parking Signs for Sale
Types of No Parking Signs Available
You can find a wide assortment of no parking signs to accommodate unique situations. Here’s a rundown of the most common options available:
- Standard No Parking – This sign uses red lettering on a white background and offers no further information. In this case, the guideline is that no driver can park at any time for any reason.
- No Parking Any Time – This sign eliminates ambiguity about when drivers can park in the designated location.
- No Parking X Direction – You can let drivers know that they can park on the other side of the sign.
- No Parking X Hours – You can customize dates and times based on your specific needs.
- No Parking X Vehicles – Typically, this sign is either to prevent delivery trucks from parking or to prevent cars from parking in a delivery zone.
Where to Place No Parking Signs
The placement of these signs is just as varied as the signage itself. The MUTCD offers some guidelines, including:
- Signs should be placed at a 30 to 45-degree angle facing oncoming traffic.
- If signs are set at 90 degrees from the curb, there should be a sign on either side. Both pieces should include the language “This Side of Sign” at the bottom.
- For extended no parking zones, arrows should point in both directions. Signs should also be placed at intermediate points within the zone.
- Signs should be placed according to their legibility and orientation.
- You should also be aware of multiple parking signs on the same pole. For example, perhaps there is 2-hour parking except during prohibited times of day (i.e., 4–6 pm). Make sure that all signs are visible and easy to understand to avoid potential errors.
What is a No Parking Sign?
A no parking sign advises drivers which areas are off-limits for parking, stopping, and standing. According to the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD), standing is when a driver is parked but still occupying the vehicle. Parking means that the driver has left the car and, usually, the premises.
Why are No Parking Signs Important?
Prohibitions on parking encompass a wide variety of situations. In most cases, the signs are designed to prevent drivers from parking at all, no matter the time of day. In other cases, the prohibition may only be for a specific period, such as 7 am to 9 am from Monday to Friday.
No parking signs are vital for each situation, but here are some examples of where a lack of a sign can cause problems.
- Blocking a Loading Zone – Hotels, hospitals, and other buildings have loading zones to make it easier to receive deliveries. Without a no parking sign, drivers may occupy the loading zone and prevent trucks from getting in and out.
- Blocking an Alleyway or Thoroughfare – No parking signs are essential in areas with not enough room for parked and moving cars. If drivers did park in these spots, they could prevent other vehicles from passing.
- Increasing Traffic – Cities with heavy traffic patterns (i.e., Los Angeles) often prohibit parking from certain times to allow for more passing lanes. Without these signs, traffic jams would be far worse and cause massive delays throughout the city.
Why WorkSafe TCI?
No parking signs are essential to traffic control, so you need to trust the company you use. WorkSafe TCI has decades of experience making high-quality traffic signs. Not only are our products MUTCD-compliant, but we offer fast delivery and impeccable results.