Whether you’re shutting down a public roadway for an extended period of time or are hoping to simply repave your company’s driveway or parking lot, you’re going to need to invest in a slew of temporary traffic control devices to ensure the safety of your crew and keep your operation running smoothly and effectively. Construction zone signs in Vermont can help you keep your team members safe and comfortable, and allow you to maximize the amount of time you have to work on your project each and every day.
There are a number of different types of traffic control devices you can utilize to direct the flow of cars and other vehicles at and around your construction site. Working with a company that specializes in work zone traffic control can help you make the most of each day that you have crews on-site.
Here are just some of the most common and effective types of traffic control devices to consider using at your construction site:
- Paddles: Paddles typically display single-word messages like “stop” or “slow.” These devices are great tools that can be used to warn and instruct drivers who are entering construction sites. Most paddles are made of durable plastic, and feature a number of different bases to hold them upright.
- Steel barricades: Steel barricades possess an imposing orange and white reflective pattern printed on several steel bars; steel barricades are typically mounted on durable, heavyweight metal feet. You can use steel barricades to showcase the fact that areas are off limits.
- Concrete barricades: Commonly used to separate construction zones from busy thoroughfares, concrete barricades are ideal tools that are perfectly suited for a wide range of construction site applications. Concrete barricades are heavy-duty workhorses that you can rely on to keep your team members safe.
- Portable speed humps: Setting up portable speed humps along a construction zone is a great way to ensure that drivers don’t speed through your site. In fact, portable speed humps are recommended at virtually any construction site. These devices are easy to maneuver and use.
- Grabber cones: Durable, flexible and impossible to miss, grabber cones are long, brightly colored construction cones that direct the flow of traffic and warn drivers. Grabber cones feature a heavy rubber base and flasher mounting holes.
- Wands: Wands allow you to guide the flow of traffic through the construction zone. Wands are most useful during times when there are actually construction team members on-site. They can be used to help personally direct drivers to the safest and most effective path.
Worksafe Traffic Control Industries is a manufacturer and distributor of traffic control devices and construction zone signs in Vermont. We’re proud to partner with governmental and private builders to make their construction zones safer and more efficient. Regardless of the type of traffic control device you need, you can count on us to work with you and meet your needs. Reach out to one of our knowledgeable representatives to determine which type of traffic control measures may be right for you and your construction site today.